• Fall 2018 – David Platt becomes Senior Pastor of McLean Bible Church
• Late 2018- MBC letter in 2018 that informs parents of the “situation” that occurred, but again, omits the name of the predator, Scott Woods, timeframe events occurred, and asks parents to contact MBC security (not appropriate authorities)
• April 2019, David Platt began contacting families whose children were targeting by Scott Woods when they were high school students in the MBC youth group to learn more about what had occurred previously.
• Nov 24, 2019, David Platt, preached a sermon on “Caring Better for the Flock” and about halfway through the sermon (16 minute mark), references a “situation” to took place several years ago, prior to his arrival at McLean Bible Church. David Platt announced during his sermon that he was initiating an “independent investigation” into MBC policies and how things were handled with the previous “situation”. David Platt also personally apologized to the families for their pain.
• Dec 2, 2019 –Dee Parsons (another blogger) tweeted that David Platt should name the predator
• As of 6/14/2020, nothing else has been said to the members of MBC about the “Independent Investigation” initiated in Nov 2019 or the results. All but one of the MBC Elders and Tysons staff involved remain in their positions or have been promoted within MBC. One senior Pastor at MBC Tysons left to become President of International Care Ministries, USA in 2019.